• We do not sell student information.
• We do not target ads or advertise to students.
• We do not create advertising profiles on students.
• We make student content private by default.
• We use industry standard security and best practices to protect students.
• We are transparent about our practices and will notify you if things change.
• We will delete information when a school requests it.
• We will only share information with educational agencies performing an appropriate function for the school, as part of the maintenance and development of our Service, or if otherwise required by law.
• We comply with the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and California's Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA).
This Policy governs the use of data collected by our websites at www.treedom.co and the Treedom Tools Application (collectively "Service" or "Treedom Tools"). This includes personally identifiable information that we collect when an account is created ("Account Information"), content is added to a profile ("Profile Content"), events ("Events") or groups ("Groups") are created by teachers, counselors or schools, and messages ("Messages") are sent via Treedom Tools. Any data collected by Treedom Tools that may be related to an individual student is considered "Student Data."
Prior parental or legal guardian consent is required before any student may use Treedom Tools. Prior parental or legal guardian consent may be obtained by teachers, counselors and schools in several ways:
• Direct written or electronic submission by the parent or legal guardian of a student.
• As part of a school-wide technology consent process.
• Teachers, counselors and schools may agree to act as the agent or legal guardian of the student and provide consent on his or her behalf for the sole, exclusive and limited purpose of using Treedom Tools to participate directly in appropriate educational pursuits and functions offered by the teachers, counselors and schools.
Account Information: We collect a student's name, email address, password and profile picture when an account is created. We may also collect a student's telephone number if it is entered. This personally identifiable information may be entered by a teacher, counselor, school or student, or populated from the student's account with a third party sign-in service such as a Clever account.
Profile Content: Treedom Tools also collects content that is added to a student profile. This content may include photos, files, notes, hyperlinks, and other ways of documenting student participation. We regularly add types of information that can be uploaded to a profile, and these are all covered by this Policy.
We also collect comments on posts in a student's profile which may be text. Profile Content that is uploaded by a student, teacher, counselor or school may be considered a student education record as defined by FERPA.
Messages: Messages that are sent and received in Treedom Tools by teachers, counselors, students or others are collected by Treedom Tools.
Events: Teachers or counselors may use Treedom Tools to create Events to use with their students. Events may include text instructions.
Event Profiles: Teachers, counselors and school administrators may create a public Event profile, that may include the name and profile picture, the school's name, the school's location, and other information teachers, counselors or schools may choose to publish.
Signatures: Treedom Tools collects signatures in the context of off-site supervisor verification. We will not use any signature in any activity outside of the explicit purpose to confirm authenticity of the log.
Log Information: When a student uses our Service, we automatically collect some types of data relevant to how the student uses our Service, such as browser type, referring site, the date and time of use, connection information like ISP or mobile operator, Internet Protocol (IP) address, log in and log-out times, volunteering activities and preferences.
Communications: Treedom Tools collects any information a student sends to us directly, such as email communications.
Log Data: When a student uses our Service, we receive log data such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, device information and your mobile carrier. In addition, we may receive or collect additional information such as the referring web page, referring search terms and pages visited. If Treedom Tools is used by a teacher, counselor, parent or school administrator, Treedom Tools may use his or her IP address to determine his or her approximate location for the purposes of sending to him or her customized marketing and other information about our products.
We only use this information to improve our Service. For example, we use this collected information to:
• Allow a student to access and use our Service by verifying his or her identity and storing his or her Profile Content, Events and Messages.
• Allow teachers, counselors and schools to access and use our Service.
• Provide users with customer support.
• Analyze trends of users to improve and develop our Service, and to develop new features.
• Promote new Treedom Tools products and services to teachers, counselors, parents and schools.
• Investigate, detect and prevent activities on our Service, including those that we believe may violate the law or applicable regulations. At the request of a school, we may investigate accounts to determine whether they comply with school policies.
A student may withdraw consent for the collection of his or her personal information at any time, and also may decline marketing communications from us, by providing written notice to us.
We do not share Student Data for advertising or marketing purposes, or allow data collection by third-party advertisers or data brokers. We do not allow in-app purchases for student accounts.
We do not sell or otherwise share Student Data with any third parties, except for the limited purposes described below:
• We use a small number of third-party services in order to operate and improve Treedom Tools. For example, a data center operator that manages our Servers or a notification service that helps us send student messages about his or her account. These services need access to the student's personally identifiable information in order to work (i.e., student email address is required to send email to him or her), but are contractually prohibited from using that information for any purpose other than to provide the necessary service to Treedom Tools.
• Treedom Tools may disclose applicable Student Data to comply with a valid legal request, such as from law enforcement, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations. Treedom Tools may disclose student Account Information and Profile Content to a school district upon request, as required by FERPA.
• By default, Events or Groups that teachers, counselors or schools create are private to their account. Teachers, counselors or schools may choose to publish Events or Groups they create to the public account of Treedom Tools, in which case they will be publicly accessible.
• We may disclose or transfer your Account Information and Profile Content in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of our company. We will notify you in advance if a different company will receive your information.
Treedom Tools analyzes aggregate and use data to improve our Service and further our development. To help us analyze this data, we use a small number of third-party services. These services are contractually obligated only to use data about your usage of Treedom Tools to provide analytics services to us. These services are prohibited contractually from sharing or using Student Data for other purposes.
We also use third-party conversion tracking services only to understand if a teacher or counselor signs up for Treedom Tools after seeing an advertisement for Treedom Tools. None of the data a student shares with Treedom Tools (i.e., Account Information or Profile Content) is shared with these services.
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to a student's web browser that allow us to identify the web browser and store information about a student's account. We use these cookies to keep a student logged in to Treedom Tools, customize the student's experience, understand the student's use of our Services, and promote our Service to teachers, counselors and schools. A student may choose to disable cookies in his or her browser settings. Please be aware that Treedom Tools will not work properly if the cookies and disabled or declined.
Web beacons are electronic images that can be used in the Service or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Treedom Tools is designed for safe sharing by its users. Teachers, counselors and schools control with whom Events and Groups are shared, and they must approve any and all student users before access is granted. Teachers, counselors and schools may choose to publish certain content to a public post. The applicable teacher, counselor or school will determine if students may share their content with other students. Parents or legal guardians may request in writing (electronic or otherwise) that teachers, counselors or schools grant student account access to other individuals. The school administration must approve or decline the request, within five business days of the request, at their sole and exclusive determination, which shall not be withheld unreasonably. If approved, the parent or legal guardian may share the student's account or content in accordance with the approved request; however, Treedom Tools has no obligation, responsibility or liability for any sharing of the relevant account or information by the student, parent or other individual.
A student has the right to access, correct, delete or download for transport to a similar service any of his or her personal information collected by Treedom Tools. A parent or legal guardian may correct, edit, download or update information in his or her child's account by contacting either the relevant teacher, counselor or school directly, or us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent, legal guardian, teacher or counselor may update the information in his or her Treedom Tools account either directly by logging into his or her Treedom Tools account and viewing the Account Settings tab on the profile, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you would like to delete your Treedom Tools account or any content submitted to Treedom Tools, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a teacher, counselor, or school administrator, please be aware that FERPA requires us to retain student education records once a valid request to inspect those records has been made.
Treedom Tools uses numerous safeguards to protect the integrity of your personal information, including the use of access-controlled data centers, routine third party security audits, restricted employee access to user information, data encryption in transit and encryption of Profile Content at rest. In the event of a security breach, we will notify affected account holders within the amount of time required by law.
At its sole, exclusive and unilateral discretion, Treedom Tools may from time to time make or adopt changes or revisions to this Policy. If we make changes or revisions to this Policy that we believe will materially affect your rights, we will notify you by email about these changes or revisions, and post a notice to our Service. If you continue to use our Service after you receive notice of changes to this Policy, these changes or revisions will be deemed accepted by and applicable to the account holder upon adoption of the changes or revisions by Treedom Tools.
Please contact us at: email@example.com
Treedom Tools Inc.
345 N Maple Drive, #135
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is TREEDOM TOOLS INC ("Sponsor"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 14 years of age and are enrolled in a School that has an on-going Contract with Treedom Tools Inc (the Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers,
directors and employees (the Entities\"), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period by visiting the Treedom App and participate in the ͂Featured Event̓. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple̯different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest̯sweepstakes subscription notification and̯or entering services, will void Entrant͋s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor͋s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted one (1) week after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided by their School when invited to use Treedom approximately three (3) days after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within one (1) month of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \"the Prize Claim Documents\"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant͋s or to any other personͅs computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such an event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to TREEDOM TOOLS INC cc: SWEEPSTAKES TITLE at 345 N MAPLE DRIVE, SUITE 135, BEVERLY HILLS, CA. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than one (1) month after the Promotion Period has ended.
10. SPONSOR: TREEDOM TOOLS INC, 345 N MAPLE DRIVE, SUITE 135, BEVERLY HILLS, CA
11. ADMINISTRATOR: TREEDOM TOOLS INC, 345 N MAPLE DRIVE, SUITE 135, BEVERLY HILLS, CA